KTM Australia press release:
The 2018 KTM Australia Adventure Rallye: Outback Run is set to take in some of the most remote adventure riding Australia has to offer, so with an adventure of this scale, support in the isolated Northern Territory Outback is essential.
There has also been additional feedback from Rallye riders in previous years who have expressed an interest in participating in the event in support of a charity or cause.
Therefore, in light of this feedback and the remote nature of the 2018 Outback Run Rallye, we are proud to announce a community partnership between the KTM Australia Adventure Rallye and the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Central Operations.
Nationally, the RFDS performs 100 aeromedical evacuations every day and provides the finest emergency and primary health care to more than 280,000 Australians each year – that’s one person every two minutes. The RFDS relies on fundraising initiatives and donations from the community to purchase and medically-equip their aircraft – at a cost of more than $7 million each.
So in support of this partnership, KTM Australia is auctioning off the coveted “001” rider number – complete with a spot on the Rallye – with all proceeds going to the RFDS.
That’s right – if you missed out on getting into the 2018 KTM Australia Adventure Rallye, this is your chance to head into the Outback for an epic, once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
– Live Online Auction from: Wednesday March 14th 2018 (12.00pm AEST) – Friday March 16th 2018 (12.00pm AEST)
– Auction URL: https://galabid.com/auction/ktm2018
– Highest bidder will win;
o “001” Rider Number
o A spot on the 2018 KTM Australia Adventure Rallye
– All proceeds from the auction will go to RFDS.
– Bidding starts at $2500 (standard Rallye Fee)
– Open to ALL KTM adventure riders who meet the requirements of entry to the KTM Australia Adventure Rallye, which can be found here: https://goo.gl/bXf3xH
– Already registered for the Rallye? You can still bid for the coveted “001” number and if you win, your $2500 Rallye Rider fee PLUS all proceeds from the Auction go towards RFDS – AND the first rider from the waiting list will get a spot on the Rallye, with their $2500 Rallye fee going towards RFDS.
For KTM riders, READY TO RACE isn’t just our slogan – it is our way of life. So let’s see who will WIN this amazing prize, all in support of the outstanding RFDS.
Support for our community partnership does not stop here however, with another fundraising initiative in place for all Registered Rallye Riders.
Through an Everydayhero website, Registered Rallye Riders are encouraged to setup a profile page and raise funds through their network of friends, family and colleagues, with all funds going towards helping keep the RFDS crews in the sky.
For more information on the Registered Rally Rider initiative, you can visit the online page and support your Rallye rider here:https://everydayhero.com.au/event/ktmaustraliaadventurerallye2018