Competition-designed supermoto model breaks cover.
Husqvarna Motorcycles has just introduced the 2019 Husqvarna FS 450 – a new supermoto offering for both professional and amateur competitors.
It’s a machine that features the highest levels of technology available in the supermoto segment today. Sharing the innovative technological evolutions featured in the 2019 FC 450 motocross model, the all-new FS 450 is a motorcycle built from the ground up to offer unmatched closed-circuit supermoto performance.
With a redesigned chassis and engine platform aimed at improving handling and usability of power, the MY19 FS 450 is a lightweight and agile supermoto machine that is extremely enjoyable to ride and the most capable race winning supermoto available on the showroom floor.
A leading developmental force within the supermoto segment, for model year 2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles introduce a wide series of considered upgrades to the FS 450.
Standing out is the all-new, blue coated frame with increased rigidity for improved rider feedback and optimum straight-line stability. Unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles, the composite carbon fibre subframe design gets an additional weight reduction of 250g for 2019.
Featuring the latest in suspension technology, the new FS 450 is equipped with WP’s 48mm AER air fork that matches perfectly with the WP DCC rear shock.
Receiving new settings to perfectly match the updated frame characteristics, the WP suspension further improves energy absorption and stability. The 16 mm offset CNC machined triple clamps are specifically designed to work in harmony with the front forks.
With a redesigned cylinder head reducing the engine’s weight by a significant 500g, the trademark single-cylinder SOHC powerplant is more compact than ever. At an overall weight of just 27.3kg and offering a peak power output of 63hp, the new FS 450 engine design brings notable improvements in handling and usability.
Using top-level supermoto competition as a base for development, the FS 450 is equipped with black 16.5-inch (front) and 17-inch (rear) Alpina spoked wheels. The high-quality wheels are matched with Bridgestone 125/80 R420 and 165/65 R420 slick tyres for maximum grip, traction and agility.
Showcasing Husqvarna Motorcycles’ pioneering development direction, fresh and distinctive new bodywork matches advanced ergonomics with a pure yet effective Swedish-inspired design.
2019 Husqvarna FS 450 key features:
– Redesigned bodywork.
– Redesigned SOHC cylinder head (500g lighter).
– Blue coated frame featuring increased rigidity.
– New two-piece subframe design (250g lighter)
– Chain adjustment length increased by 5mm.
– Updated setting on the WP AER 48 forks.
– WP DCC shock featuring new piston and updated setting.
– Seven litre polythene fuel tank with new fuel line routing.
– Alpina spoked wheels with Bridgestone slick tyres.
– ProTaper handlebar with new bend.
– Traction and launch control with updated settings.
– New throttle cable routing for easier maintenance.
– Flow-designed resonance chamber and more compact silencer.
– Updated cooling system with new centre tube.
– Magura hydraulic clutch with SUTER anti hoping system.
– High performance Brembo brakes.
The new Husqvarna FS 450 machine is anticipated to available from July, however exact availability and pricing in Australia is yet to be revealed. For more information, visit www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/au.