Conquer kilometre after kilometre on all types of terrain.
With power, versatility and technical excellence, the 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is engineered to conquer kilometre after kilometre on all types of terrain.
For 2023 KTM has taken the rich base of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S and added a fresh sheen as well as several refinements for the benefit of practical adventuring.
Eyes will be drawn to the two new shades: the glow of the unmissable KTM orange-and-black trim or the more neutral but elegant hue of KTM’s graded grey aesthetic. The orange, which stretches all the way through to the forged aluminium subframe, engineered to offer a lower seat (at 869 mm or 849 mm) superb load-carrying capability and contains a raft of components, is like a badge of honour for hardcore explorers.
However, the classy grey spreads across the bodywork, chiselled to prioritize agile handling, front-end confidence, comfort, and protection and houses the 23-litre three-part tank with a superlative fuel range. The tone is as fetching for a swift dash into the office as it would be for a blast across country borders.
Roaming roads everywhere and anywhere with the 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S is now a lot easier thanks to augmented navigation software.
KTM already made the 7” TFT display a cinch for customization due to the infographics and menu system that gave the rider full control over the ride modes, advanced WP Semi-Active Suspension, ABS settings and Adaptive Cruise Control: the combination of intuitive handlebar switches and access to the technical possibilities of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S was a major calling card for one of the company’s flagship models.
For 2023 KTM aimed for more utility. Adventurers can count on extra options with their navigation plotting. The KTMConnect App now boasts Turn-by-Turn+ guidance and waypoints markers while on the go and without having to stop and adjust any mobile device.
The same functionality also extends to audio tracks and listing ‘favourites’ when it comes to phone calls. Hands-on the grips not only means gobbling more mileage but safe and more enjoyable interaction with the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S.
The V-Twin LC8 rumbles to 160 hp and 138 Nm of torque and the devastating spectrum of power allows the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S to glide on cruise, dip through traffic or devour highways with glee.
The compact heart of the bike is carefully regulated by one of KTM’s most advanced electronic management architectures: it administers the suspension configuration and reaction, ride height, ABS, ride modes, tyre pressure management, anti-dive and more.
The unit fits inside a light 10kg chrome-molybdenum stainless steel frame honed for handling the short blasts and mountain passes as well as the long haul. The rest of the package befits a premium motorcycle for travelling: the LED lights, reengineered windscreen and adjuster, multi-part saddle, light aluminium side-stand. The list and the specs have already been met with wide acclaim.
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S can be elevated even further with optional electronic packs, a Quickshifter+ and WP Suspension Pro amongst other upgrades.
Although a rider might be wishing to reach one, no KTM model is an ‘island’. The KTM 1290 Super Adventure S revels in a wide raft of specially made add-ons and accessories in the KTM PowerParts collection.
From extra protective parts, aesthetic touches through detailing, performance enhancements or travel items like luggage, racks and bags; the KTM PowerParts are as enticing as it is well equipped.
2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S highlights:
– Two brand new colour schemes with prominent black and orange as well as graded grey choices
– Enhanced navigation potential with Turn-by-Turn+ guidance and more travel options
– Versatile Euro5 V-twin LC8 engine with 160 hp and 138 Nm of torque means a world without limits
– Lightweight ChroMo stainless steel chassis with geometry that accentuates cornering potential & stability
– Sophisticated WP Semi-Active Suspension hardware and software smooths out every route, all the time, any time
– Cutting-edge technology and Bosch 6D sensor to influence bike behaviour and ABS settings
– Ergonomics and bodywork emphasizing control but also comfort and confidence, 849 or 869 mm seat height
– A host of optimized travel-minded features: illuminated switches, footpegs, stand, windshield, LED lights and simplistic but advanced dashboard interactivity
– Adaptive Cruise Control as standard
– Mitas Terra Force-R tyres specialized for the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S to guarantee the best offering of grip and long-term performance
Take the 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S into the unknown from February 2023 from any authorised KTM dealer in Australia. For more information, visit www.ktm.com.au.