Second generation of latest platform offers full-throttle off-road experience.
Oriented for hardcore off-road adventurers who want and need premium kit to level any landscape or terrain, the 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R will be poised in authorised dealers in Australia from March 2023.
KTM redefined the upper end of the travel/adventure motorcycling segment with the rejuvenated KTM 1290 Super Adventures in 2021. The winning combination of power, lightweight, offroad agility and handling earthed from years of Dakar, Rally and Enduro excellence, state-of-the-art electronics and WP suspension, unbeatable travel features and styling meant that KTM was the only choice for riders that craved a bike that could do anything and go anywhere. The fresh, sporty 2023 white colourway and distinct orange frame are a nod to this race-bred lineage.
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R delivered acute offroad positioning by harnessing all of the company’s experience, nuance and confidence in the sector, R&D and through competition. A model that can conquer a mountain trail as effortlessly as a mountain pass can count on the fabled LC8 engine that was slimmed by 1.6 kg for the last iteration and pumps out 160 hp.
The motor, fueled by a 23-litre three-piece tank, and with an improved heat system to disperse temperatures out and away from the rider, can deliver 138 Nm of torque as gently or as forcefully as possible and comes with the reassurance of 15,000 km service intervals.
The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R was enabled for the rigours of multiple surfaces by the advanced BOSCH 6D lean angle sensor that informs much of the bike’s behaviour and myriad of settings through Motorcycle Traction Control, Motorcycle Stability Control, various ride modes, ABS and more.
Further evidence that the bike is primed for traction comes through the 48 mm WP XPLOR suspension, featuring split cartridge forks and the modifiable rear shock with 220 mm of travel.
The Xplor materials and the stock settings have been tested and refined for the characteristics of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R. The suspension funnels the maximum level of feedback through the Alpina aluminium spoked wheels; with an improved sealing system appropriate for tubeless tyres. The 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R carries Bridgestone AX41s as stock.
KTM invites all riders to #DARE2ADV so the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R comes with everything people would possibly need to roam the globe and feel protected and capable while in the wilderness. From elements like adjustable screens and handlebar positions, honed and lightened bodywork for ergonomics that give the best possible control but also allow maximum comfort, optimized switches and simplistic infographic set-up menus through the wide, colourful 7” TFT display, race on keyless functionality, tyre pressure management and an optional Quickshifter+.
For 2023 KTM has boosted the navigation potential of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R. Enhanced Turn-by-Turn+ guidance and the ability to set waypoints and diversions are now all possible through the handlebar switch dial and through the TFT.
No need to prop the bike and fish around for the phone that engages the KTMConnect APP; everything – including phone call answering and logging top ten ‘favourites’ – can all be done with a dab of a finger.
The KTM PowerParts collection is full of gear and protection for anybody to ‘align’ themselves further with their 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R. In case there are any bike components that riders feel are missing for their particular trip – such as luggage, crash bars, or more aesthetic touches – then the options are plentiful.
Highlights of the 2023 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R:
– Stand out from the trekkers on the trail with a brand new sporting white colour and graphic scheme
– Never get lost or have direction doubts thanks to new Turn-by-Turn+ guidance and more travel navigation options
– Dependable LC8 V-twin engine with 160 hp and 138 Nm of torque means a world without limits and motor that will conquer any condition or landscape
– ChroMo stainless steel light chassis weighing just 10 kg and sculpted for cornering stability and more feeling under acceleration but based on long-travel Enduro sensibilities
– WP Xplor suspension represents some of the most sophisticated hardware on any KTM offroad-orientated motorcycle
– Adjustable and customizable ABS settings and ride modes so the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R can traverse all terrain and meet any demand
– Standing or sitting: the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R ergonomics are a winner for comfort and confidence. Further options across the bike with a wide selection of KTM PowerParts (11 different seats)
– The complete adventure travel motorcycle with features such as: Race On remote key system, illuminated switches, 7” TFT dashboard, adjustable windshield, LED lights and simplistic but advanced dashboard interactivity.
– Robust spoked 21/18” aluminium wheels booted with Bridgestone AX41 tyres to further underline the readiness of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R to head away from the beaten path.
The newest edition of the KTM 1290 Super Adventure R will be poised in KTM Authorised dealers in Australia from March 2023. For more information, visit www.ktm.com.au.