New and highly capable touring machine available from May in Australia.
Husqvarna Motorcycles has unveiled the 2023 Norden 901 Expedition, a new and highly-capable touring machine designed to offer endless exploration with premium Technical Accessories to improve ease of use.
The Norden 901 Expedition comes complete with long-travel WP Xplor suspension to ensure all riders can explore further for longer. The new travel motorcycle is finished with a striking new colour scheme to signify its outstanding capabilities both on and offroad.
Guaranteeing the Norden 901 Expedition excels across the roughest terrain, the new offroad-specific WP Xplor suspension with 240 mm of travel is fitted to both the front and rear of the motorcycle. This premium, fully adjustable suspension gives riders the opportunity to fine-tune the compression, rebound, and preload settings to create a personalised set-up based on their individual preferences.
Contributing to maximum rider comfort on all long-distance adventures, the Norden 901 Expedition is equipped with many of Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Technical Accessories as standard. For early morning starts and especially beneficial for riders exploring colder climates, the adjustable heated grips and rider’s seat provide instant warmth.
Additionally, rider fatigue is reduced considerably with the fitment of a new touring windshield. Deflecting wind around the motorcycle, particularly at higher speeds, riders are fully protected and able to discover new worlds in complete comfort.
Turning journeys into expeditions, this convenient new travel motorcycle is built to begin any adventure straight from the showroom thanks to the pre-fitted Side Bag Set. This neat luggage solution integrates perfectly with the bodywork and offers up to 36 litres of storage capacity.
Powered by an 889cc parallel-twin engine producing 105 hp and 100 Nm of torque, the Norden 901 Expedition offers a broad spread of smooth, controllable power, which is particularly efficient across challenging offroad terrain. Housed inside the steel trellis frame, the versatile engine works together with the chromium-molybdenum chassis to provide exceptional agility, rider feedback, and comfort throughout the longest of riding days.
Completing the build and improving ease-of-maintenance and protection on the longest of riding days, a new centre stand, engine guard, and connectivity unit are fitted as standard to enhance every adventure.
With the Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app installed onto a smartphone, and with the device paired to the motorcycle’s connectivity unit via Bluetooth, riders will benefit from downloadable maps, turn-by-turn+ navigation, call-in, call-out, and view real-time traffic information. Music selection and volume can also be controlled safely while riding using the handlebar-mounted buttons.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition technical highlights:
– WP Xplor suspension offers longer travel (240 mm) and full adjustability
– Heated grips and rider seat for cold weather comfort
– Touring windshield for reduced fatigue on extended rides
– Side bag set offers convenient storage
– Centre Stand for easier maintenance
– Heavy-duty skid plate for complete protection of tank and engine
– Connectivity Unit provides turn-by-turn+ navigation, call-in, call-out, and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
– Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app available from Apple AppStore and Google Playstore
– Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame with engine as stressed member
– 889cc parallel-twin engine with 105 hp peak power and 100 Nm of torque
– Four selectable ride modes (street, rain, offroad, explorer)
– Cutting-edge, switchable cornering ABS with offroad mode
– Easy shift function
– Cornering-sensitive traction control allows for nine levels of adjustable rear wheel slip (in explorer mode)
– Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC)
– Tubeless spoked wheels in offroad dimensions and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres for maximum performance on the street and offroad
– Large capacity 19-litre fuel tank provides an extended range of up to 400 km
Husqvarna Motorcycles 2023 Norden 901 Expedition will start to be available from May 2023 onwards at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers in Australia.