Street friendly and track ready tyre now available nationwide.
Ficeda Accessories, the Australian distributor of Dunlop, has announced the release of its latest addition to the Sportmax range – the street friendly and track ready Q4 tyre.
The purpose-built track day tyre achieves lean angles up to 62 degrees, more than any other street-legal tyre Dunlop has ever crafted.
The Q4 utilises technology and proprietary equipment used to develop racing tyres in Dunlop’s Buffalo, New York, plant to accommodate track day level riding like no other Dunlop DOT street tyre has before.
2018 Dunlop Sportmax Q4 tyre key features:
– Bold on-tread branding that’s remarkably detailed.
– New tread pattern with low groove density that puts down a massive footprint, especially during maximum lean angles.
– Street-friendly performance – does not require tire warmers, and minimises the need for chassis adjustments.
– Designed in new sizes such as 180/60ZR17 and 200/55ZR17 to work on sports bikes with sophisticated electronics packages. These new sizes also offer a more aggressive profile option for track use for many sport bikes.
– The rear tire features Dunlop’s Jointless Tread (JLT) technology, applying a continuously wound tread strip over the carcass to achieve the ideal stability, flex, and grip across the tyre’s tread profile maintaining consistency.
– Dunlop’s proprietary Carbon Fibre Technology (CFT) in the sidewalls for even greater stability an cornering performance.
– Dunlop’s proprietary Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) for ultra-linear and responsive steering.
The Dunlop Sportmax Q4 tyre is available in rear sizes: 180/55ZR17 (RRP $289.95), 190/50ZR17 (RRP $289.95), 190/55ZR17 (RRP $309.95), 200/55ZR17 (RRP $319.95), and a sole front size of 120/70ZR17 (RRP $239.95). For more information, visit www.ficeda.com.au.