Premium FIM-approved helmet now available in Australia.
Ficeda Accessories, the Australian distributor of Shark, has released the premium Race-R Pro GP FIM helmet, which is now available across the country.
The highest race performance standard helmet in the world, the Shark Race-R Pro GP FIM approved helmet not only boasts a myriad of world-class features to aid athletes in their pursuit for victory over the finish line, but it reaches the highest safety standard known to the global racing community.
Shark’s continued innovation has not only increased the former limitations to racing performance, but has done it in style, with maximum emphasis on the safety of the athletes.
The Race-R Pro GP FIM has been rigorously tested to ensure optimal aerodynamic performance throughout the entirety of the race. It offers high aerodynamic efficiency, stabilises the helmet at high speeds and fits to perfection with the aerodynamic hump of the suits.
2020 Shark Race-R Pro GP FIM helmet key features:
– Shell built using reinforced COVA RS (Carbon On View and Aramid Racing Structure) in order to fully meet all requirements of the new FIM Racing standard. This new, 100 percent carbon aramid structure offers increased resistance to both abrasion and compression, as well as an enhanced anti-delamination performance. The multi-density EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) has been optimized for improved shock absorption.
– Chin guard fitted with a removable, variable airflow anti-pollution filter.
– Dual-density, EPU (Expanded Polyurethane) chin guard – Material designed above all to absorb shocks reverberating around the chin guard.
– Ergonomic visor grip For improved handling and easy opening.
– High-strength visor comes with an Optical Class 1 rating and variable thickness (ranging from 4.2 mm to 2.8 mm) without introducing any visual distortion. Treated to prevent scratches and fogging System installed to enable quick visor disassembly.
– Quick Spoiler Safety System – allows ejecting the spoiler in the event of a fall to limit the effects of secondary shocks and thereby guarantee the rider’s optimal safety.
– Two-tone, high-tech Alveotec lining fabric featuring the Sanitized label. This Sanitized®treatment ensures antimicrobial efficiency to prevent the propagation of bacteria when perspiring. It guarantees a cool contact over long periods for extra comfort during a strenuous ride.
– Wrap-around and breathable neck protection specially designed for optimal acoustic insulation.
– Dual use, anti-fog breath guard with added functionalities – a fixed piece and a snap-on removable piece.
– New holographic certification label with an embedded QR Code – helmet traceability with official identification by the Race Marshal before entering the track.
– New technology used to cut out 3D morph cheek contours, providing maximum comfort and support.
– Shape memory ear pads that serve to muffle noise due to acoustic vibrations.
Priced at RRP $1449, the Shark Race-R Pro GP FIM helmet is available at participating online retailers and dealerships. For more information, visit www.ficeda.com.au.